Re: RedHat6.1/linux-2.4.4/rtlinux-3.1/emc-1.1-17/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0 compiled

On Friday 14 December 2001 07:18 pm, Mr F wrote:
<s>
> It now compiles and executes ./emc.run. (still editing the .ini to
> overcome 'crash-when-move') as expected, e2fscking ouch!
> (remount read only before test solves 5-10 minutes of fs checking after
> each crash)

This is a bug in releases of that age.  It is caused by a couple of buffer
overruns.  IMHO it makes steppermod worthless and freqmod a factor of four
times better.  There is an faq on this titled "BDI: The computer crashes
when I try to make a move in EMC.  The long term solution will be to pick
up one of the newer source code files and re-compile.  You might wait a
few days.  There are some folk real serious about bug hunting and the code
is changing daily.