Re: EMC cvs files...

my 2c.

note that this requires you to turn on file sharing on the windows
box.

Which works, but is a  bad idea if that windows box ever connects
to the net while filesharing is on.  Means anyone can access anything on the
windows box,  which you may not want.

consider instead enabling samba serving on the linux box.
Thats pretty easy to set up and much more secure when the windows box
surfs.   And you can leave it on and working.

Or install anonymous ftp on the linux box, and use the web browser or
clever ftp tools to move a bunch of trees there.  even easier to set
up, not quite as noce to use.  (rh6x installs this by default I think)

just don't use floppies :)

john