Re: bdi801bin.tgz

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Tim wrote:
> I have installed Ray's tarball from the linuxcnc.org site. Went fine and
> seems to work. Only think I am noticing is that if I do a g92 the display
> remains what it was showing and not what I entered. Same if I right mouse
> click and enter a value. I tried changing the display between commanded and
> actual, absolute and relative. doesn't seem to matter. In my example X was
> at .240 I entered G92 X0. X still displayed .240 and I then did a G0 X1 and
> it now moved to X1.240 So it seems that the new zero was used, but that the
> display is retaining the old coordinate reference.

Tim

I'd be willing to bet that is what is happining is a joint world problem
with the new tkemc and steppermod.  Steppermod has not been upgraded to
provide for joint and world coordinate systems so it stays in joint thinking
unless you are running in auto and then I think that it will display the
correct positions and axis names.  Freqmod does not have this problem.

I know that you like to run your servo mill using steppermod so what you
might do until we get steppermod fixed is to overwrite the tkemc in the new
emc/plat/nonrealtime/bin with the tkemc from the original BDI.  I think
that this should work.  It did here but I'm not sure about the size of the
letters in the position display stuff.

Hope this helps.