Re: Memory requirements

Hi Bill

I have RH6.2 and BDI running on a P133 with 48Mb without any trouble.
Memory does make a huge difference to the performance of any linux computer. A
kernel compile on a 800Mhz AMD with 256Mb wasn't as fast as I expected. Doing a
memory check reported only 64Mb - Fixed the problem with a lilo option, and now
the computer breezes through anything. A complete kernel/EMC compile in one cup
of coffee !!

The bottom line - The more memory, the better.

Regards, Paul.