No Subject

Tim
   I have the BDI cd. I had no problems with the install. But I needed to
make changes and can't get it to recompile.
                                           Thanks Joe

Joe,

Just get yourself a copy of the BDI that Paul Corner put together. Info can
be found at http://www.linuxcnc.org/ and select the "Brain Dead Install"
link. There is now an ISO image you can download from the net at
http://www.yty.net/cnc/ It is pretty much at the bottom of the page and you
have to hunt for the link a little bit. Warning on the image, it is big (400
+ mb) so you will need a fast connection to get it and you also need a CD
burner with software that is capable of using an ISO image. I used EZ CD
Creator 5 to successfully put the image on a CD by just changing the
extension to .iso

With the BDI you should have no problems getting a Linux system up and
running with EMC as long as you follow the hardware compatibility
guidelines.

Tim
[Denver, CO]