RE: following error / Angular axis

Granville wrote

> It looks like my motors are moving the wrong way, or my encoders where
> hooked up backwards.  I reversed the a/b on the encoders and have it
moving
> all the axis.

Reversing the leads works or you can also change the sine of the
relevant ini file lines.

> The new problem is that if I try to move real fast I get
> following errors

I posted some stuff on this recently.  You will need to make max
velocity larger in the [TRAJ) section than it is in any of the [AXIS]
sections.  By doing this you allow the motion stuff to feed in pulses
stored up as following error during acceleration.

>, and it's not doing rectangular to polar conversions.  ( IS
> EMC SUPPOSE TO? )

Yes the EMC will do non cartesian motion planning.  I do it with the
hexapod kinematics but I donīt know how to ask it to do do it with a
robot.  The latest stuff from sourceforge includes some modifications
to tkemc that allows you to switch from joint motion to world motion.
This sounds like what you want to do.  To access world coordinates, you
first home out each joint and then in manual mode switch to world
coordinates and it should provide xyzabc or xyzrpw motion.

>It seems like if the axis are defined as angular, and you
> move x, it should move both axis to make the x move.

Defining an axis as angular only tells the EMC that this one goes
around rather than along.  It does not tell anything about the
cartesian or non_cartesian nature of the relationship between that
single axis and the world beyond it.  This is done in the kinematics
files and they may well need to be changed for your machine geometry.

> --
> Granville Barker

Hope this helps.

Ray