Re: editor and buffer problems

Dave

More than a year ago now, I had trouble with editing while running under
2.0.36. It appeared to me that the editor and the EMC were trying to share
the same cut and paste space.  In fact, if I cut something and then waited
a bit and pasted it would paste in the current g-code line. I remember that
this was with vim as well as genedit.

What I did for a quick fix was create separate cut and past routines in
genedit that stuffed the cut into a variable and then read that variable
back on paste.  I never tried to do anything with vim or the EMC to make
them work together.  If I remember, the genedit cut history that I made was
only one deep.  It was intended to be a quick fix rather than a perminent
separation of functions.

I don't know if this is related to your problem but it might help you get a
more precise definition of the problem you're seeing.  I don't see it on
the BDI with 2.2.18.  I tested with vim, kwrite, and kedit.  I'll try to
test it on 2.2.14 and 2.0.36 later today.  Perhaps we could get a few others
to test with their systems and report back.

Does anyone remember doing anything with the EMC code to work around or
uncover the nature of this problem?

Thanks.

Ray