Re: Platform- and misc. Questions

Hallo Till

I've found that the best place to get the latest sources is sourceforge.
You can download them as an anonymous user by going to

www.sourceforge.net.projects/emc

>From there click on the cvs menu and follow the instructions located on
that page.  If you have problems, "Paul D. Fincato" <fincato-at-infinet.com>
just recently went through this process and can describe it better than I
can.  I use the developer download.

After the download, copy the file named emc/scripts/generic/packupsrc into
the directory above emc.  Execute ./packupsrc and you will get a tar of the
entire emc and rcslib that is portable.  If you need floppy sized tar
files, you can execute

split -b 1400k "archive name"  "archive name".a

Now you should move the archive to the location you want for the EMC and
untar and ./install it.  The last time I tried this it worked well with
Linux-2.2.14 and rtlinux-2.2a.  After the install you should look through
the log files in the install directory to see if anything didn't work.

When you have a version that will compile as it is on sourceforge, you can
begin to make changes to the various sourcefiles and make files in emc/src
and below.  Compile often so that you know which changes cause problems.

We could get a copy of the BDI (Brain Dead Install) to you quickly if that
would help.  Or Max has a copy there a few kilometers from you.  I have not
tried to compile using the BDI so I can't comment on how easy that would
be.  It is Linux-2.2.18 and rtlinux-2.3 so it would get you near the
current releases of this software.

The new tkemc will show and control each defined axis.  It will allow you
to home each motor in joint mode and then run programs in world mode.  It
is a very nice addition to the software.

Hope this helps.

viele  gruesse  ray