BDI-install will erase all data on all drives-any way to prevent this ?

Hello list,

I have a v2.04 BDI CD-R in front of me. There is a warning saying "this
install will erase all data on all drives", I have a new and fast computer
where I want to install the BDI distribution, but it should not be entirely
BDI/EMC dedicated.
So will this really erase all data on all drives or is there a way to make this
coexist with other Linux installs on the same computer ?
I have a separate /boot and some space (~3GB) for a ext2 fs on /dev/hdc left,
this is where I want to install BDI.

Although I do make backups I really want to avoid the "ups, spend half a day
restoring from backups surprise" that I might get from trying the BDI install
without this question answered.

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik