Re: First Annual EMC Users meeting?

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver-at-erols.com>

because
> of random lockups experienced with the later kernel, RT, and EMC
> versions. We've got to get to the bottom of this!

I wonder - has everyone yet got the message that IF YOU ARE USING
STEPPERMOD, YOU *MUST* COMMENT OUT THE 'PERIOD' PARAMETER IN THE .INI FILE.
(put a ; before it)

Even though I have been playing around with EMC since well before this list
started, I still missed this when I started beta testing the BDI on a new
machine and I got lockups. For some reason, I don't think it was such an
important issue with the earlier kernels, or maybe my hardware setup on this
machine is just a bit 'nearer to the edge', but whatever the reason, it made
a HUGE difference.

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright