emc modules

list:
This morning I took a look at the Makefile for
emcmot and compiled a list of the *.o's in the
stg, ppmc and freqmod drivers hoping to find some
commonality. Nothing was obvious to me but I
forwarded the list to Ray and Matt hoping for some
more insight.

Related to my "emcStatus buffer not available"
under tkemc I rebooted this morning hoping to fix
the problem.
No luck.
I did revert to xemc, got no freezes and did
manage to get some work done.

However my speeds are about 1/3 of what I request.
A snail would give them serious competetion.
Ideas?

Dave