Re: BDI EMC

On Thu, 10 May 2001, you wrote:
> Paul, I am having trouble with a BDI install on a P100, 16M, 8gig IDE.
> I get an "Exception Occurred" warning box with 3 file failures referenced
> to usr/bin/anaconda and a GnomeWorkstation failure. Are there any
> minimum hardware requirements for this install?

Steve

Let me jump in a bit but I'll leave the expert stuff for Paul.

Of the BDI install problems (3) that I know of (2) have had to do with
the video driver chip.  I had trouble with an onboard sis chip that used
ram for video memory.  I installed a used s3 card with 4meg on it and the
install went ahead like a charm.  The second video problem was cured when
the installer also used an outboard video card.

It sounds like your install dropped into the text mode because Red Hat
didn't like your video chip.  In some tests that we did here, Paul was
beginning to think that the text mode install was broken.

My thought here is to try another video card.

Ray

BTW - The third install problem was a 486 and there is no kernel tuned for
that processor on the bdi disk.