machine settings and G code

Hello,

I am setting up EMC to control by step/direction and have run into a new
set of problems. Initially when I ran xemc and then "estop off, machine on,
then home the axes" the display for that axes would go green. However I had
the step and direction pins on my port backwards so the motors would do
nothing. I rewired the pins and now I can't get it green but the motors
will run. However the motors will only run in G0 mode, it won't take G1 or
apparently other G code commands. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Ron Heaps