Re: feedrate

Joel Jacobs wrote:

> Quick question,  If I'm in MDI mode and set the feedrate to F2 then go to
> manual mode and jog an axis, then go back to MDI mode, the feedrate is still
> displayed as F2 but as soon as I move an axis (G0x0) - the feedrate
> displayed in the status line jumps to F25.  Thats the max feedrate from my
> ini file.  It suppose to do this?  I would rather it not change unless I
> change it or run a program that changes it.

Ok, after you go back to MDI and do the rapid move (G0X0), if you then
do a feed move such as G1X1 without respecifying the F parameter, does
the move occur at F=2 or F=25?

1. If it runs at F=25, we have a big problem.

2. If it runs at F=2, and the display changes back to F2, then we have a
small problem in that we are displaying the last active feed rate, and
not what is programmed into the "F" register of the control.

I wouldn't expect the "F" display to change as a result of executing a
rapid move in MDI, or jogging in manual mode.

Matt