Problems building cvs sources

Hi Max

My comment follows the snip of your post.

From: Max Heise <mahe-at-bandstahlschnitte.de>

However, I get the following error when trying to build the sources out of the
cvs repository.
<snip>
I *have* installed tclx in /usr/lib and /usr/lib/libtclx.so is a soft link to
/usr/lib/libtclx8.0.4.so, and /usr/lib/libtclx8.0.4.a as a static library
exists, too. The linker finds libtcl which is installed in the same directory.
If that matters, I took the install file from emc-1.17 and copied it over the
the cvs tree to compile and and do the install.

The only difference on my system is that I have

/usr/lib/libtclx8.0.5.so

and /usr/lib/libtclx.so points to it.  I can't believe that the different
versions would be the problem.