Re: Looking for green letters

Ray wrote:

>> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Jason and Joe wrote:
>> What would be the next step to
>> getting green letters? We have not hooked up the hardware home switches. >

> Do you get axis jog when you press + or - on xemc or the arrow keys?
>
> What happens when you press the home widget in xemc.

Like Ray is saying, the numbers turn from yellow to green when each axis
is homed. Assuming you can jog, when you select an axis and hit the home
button, that axis should start seeking slowly towards the home switch
(speed & direction are configurable), and should stop (or reverse, or
continue a little further depending on the configuration in the .ini
file) when the switch is activated. At that point the numbers turn
green. If you set the home switch polarity such that it matches the
state that the input bit naturally floats toward, then the axis should
home immediately when you push the home button.

Matt