Re[1]: PPMC progress

hello;

has your code changed any from
what you sent me? i was looking at it to
integrate into the makefiles and def files.

there is a workaround for this problem
but it depends on which version/release
of glibc and gcc is being used.

also what glibc version are you using
and what release of gcc?

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Jon Elson wrote:

jon>
jon> And, a LOT more progress!
jon>
<snip>
jon>
jon> The second problem I had was a quirk in the way asm/io.h
jon> works.  The stg.c routine does not run into it, because all
jon> port I/O is in one c file.  What Eric put together has a general
jon> EPP port driver routine, and then separate c files for each
jon> major function, ie. encoder, DAC, digital I/O, etc.
jon> To get better performance, I used some inb and outb inline
jon> macro calls in these separate c files, as well as using them
jon> in the port driver.  This caused multiple definition messages
jon> on the inb, outb etc. macros.  The problem is that asm/io.h
jon> not only defines stuff needed by every c source file that is going
jon> to use them, it also instantiates some extern stuff that needs to
jon> be instantiated only once per executable.  (At least, I think
jon> that's the problem.)  My quick solution was to take out the
jon> macro calls and the #include <asm/io.h>in the higher level
jon> routines, and only have them in the port driver.  But, that
jon> slows the program down.
jon>
jon> Anyone who has any comments on all of this, I'd be glad
jon> to hear what you think!
jon>
jon> Thanks,
jon>
jon> Jon
jon>

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
i need to know who and what i am
this hunger jolts me from complacency
rocks me, makes me meet myself