Re: emc & rtlinux questions and suggestions

"Terry L. Ridder" wrote:

> hello;

> i have been in contact with the rtlinux people at
> fsmlabs.com in an attempt to either obtain their
> help or give them help. this has met with mixed
> results. i have sent them several e-mails this
> weekend and i am waiting on a reply from them.

Have you tried the mailing list?  I think many of the
fmslabs folks may be travelling.

> a secondary dialemma is that once linux-2.4.0 is
> released and new emc/rcslib users will be wanting
> to run on the new linux kernel release. linux-2.4.0
> includes usb and firewire support. it will not be
> long before the used computer market starts seeing
> computers with usb & firewire.

I don't know about firewire, but all the pentium class
computers I have are equipped with usb.  I want to be
using Redhat 7, which means rtlinux v3.  Once i get done
with my phd, and the work with Jon Elson I will be getting
emc working with v3 rtl if Terry doesn't do it first.