Re: problems with mbuff in rtlinux-2.3

Ray wrote:

> mbuff hangs into the kernel very often here and will sometimes cause
> massive slowdowns and overwork on my system.  In fact my observation of
> this problem is the only reason I would not recommend any 2.?.? version of
> rtlinux and EMC as a stable production CNC.

This is very interesting, I get the impression that lots of the rtl
developers
out there are using mbuff with a reasonable amount of success.  I need
to use
it myself for my hydraulic fatigue testing machine controller, so i will
have
to look into it.
How can you tell that it is hanging you up?  The thing that it may do is
produce
memory starved system, since it allocates memory that can't be paged out
to disk.
Then all the other programs will get paged a lot more...
eric