Re: problems with mbuff in rtlinux-2.3

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Terry wrote:
> hello;
>
> after working at this late into the morning hours
> last night i have a problem with the way mbuff.o
> is being built in rtlinux-2.3.

If this problem with mbuff is likely to explain why several users have
reported problems with it in rtlinux-2.2 then I would like to try either
fix for 2.2a on my system.

mbuff hangs into the kernel very often here and will sometimes cause
massive slowdowns and overwork on my system.  In fact my observation of
this problem is the only reason I would not recommend any 2.?.? version of
rtlinux and EMC as a stable production CNC.