Re[5]: emc on microway alpha pc?

hello;

these are just some observations and my opinion
so take it for what it is worth.

opinion:
i personally would not risk damaging the motherboard
by using the motherboard's parallel port. call me
silly, but i personally will not do it.

observation:
usb and firewire are here and from looking at computer
motherboard offerings the onboard parallel port's days
are numbered. matt shaver and i discussed the disadvantage
of both usb and firewire being non-deterministic.
that leaves few options. once usb and firewire become
mainstream the only option is going to be parallel
port cards (either pci or isa, maybe pcmcia cards).

suggestion:
figure out how to make emc and perhaps your
external controller work just as good as they do now
with usb and firewire.