Re: Linux 5.2 or Red Hat 6.2

If you want a rock-solid control for a machine use 5.2.  It takes a little
more getting used to linux but the EMC works without any glitches.  Load
it from Tim's install script.

If you want to add to the EMC rtlinux knowledge base then load the newer
but expect ocasional problems with the EMC.  Linux in the newer versions
is wrapped up with much better utilities and x-win stuff.  Load it using
my page on linuxcnc.org/handbook.

Ray