Re: probing

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Proctor <frederick.proctor-at-nist.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: probing

> Probing is in the latest EMC release. Will built an RPM out of this,
> that includes the binaries. It's on the NIST FTP site:
>
> ftp://ftp.isd.mel.nist.gov/pub/emc/emc-0.9-05.i386.rpm
>
> It's about 3.1 MB.
>
> To install this, do the usual:
>
> rpm -i emc-0.9-05.i386.rpm

Fred,

Ok, thanks for the info on probing.  That's great!   Does the emc release
that's on sourceforge "emcbin...." from August have this built in?  When I
bring it up, there is a probing script built into the Tkemc Gui.  It gives
the dialog boxes for setting the probe index and such.   I assumed that it
did, since Will's description said it had probing in it.  My point being, I
don't want to try to install the RPM file over an existing one, if things
are already working.   If I need to get the source code and alter it for
steppers, I will.  But, if it's already working, great!

Thanks again!

Dan