Re: Floppy-EMC? and some other questions

After using Linux/EMC for a while it becomes a lot more easy for
guys to start fiddleing and hacking. If you want to attract new users
you better have a slick GUI, and an easy install procedure. We know
where EMC is lacking. Dedicate a cheap high performance all in one
motherboard to machine control, and use a PALM or similar device
for the GUI and hand held control, running MicroWindows.

Steve

> From: Dan Falck <dfalck-at-sprynet.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
> Subject: Re: Floppy-EMC? and some other  questions
> Date: Monday, September 04, 2000 1:00 PM
>

> Brian,
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me.  The GUI stuff is nice, but not
totally
> needed.  With the controls off the keyboard, it makes it like a lot of
CNC