Re: August Rel. compiling errors

Ray, Will and List

Thanks for your replies.  Following are my new impressions.

>Jan
 >
>I got nearly the same set of messages with my Mandrake 7.0.  What
>distribution, gcc, and version are you using?

Version 2.7.2.3

 >> I tried to compile the src-code of the august release.  Under you can
find
>> my err.log.  Has anyone have a clue?

 >> Rcserr.log:
>>
>> gnumake: Command not found.

>  You can ignore this.
>
>After the script tries to run "gnumake" and fails it will run "make", so
>this is not a problem. Except hopefully some day I'll clean up the script
>so this message doesn't appear.]
>
>> /usr/X11R6/bin/makedepend: warning:  _mathprnt.c (reading
>> /usr/local/nist/augsrc2000/rcslib/plat/linux_2_0_36/include/mathprnt.h,
line
>> 30): cannot find include file "iostream.h"
>
>I found iostream in an older library RPM on my release disk.  I haven't had
>time to try it but will said.
>
>Will said:
>[iostream.h is found at    /usr/include/g++-2/iostream.h on my system.

I found it in the same place.

>You can safely ignore the warning, >

>> /usr/X11R6/bin/makedepend: warning:  rtlnml.c, line 50: cannot find
include
>> file "mbuff.h"
><mbuff.h search directories snipped>
>
>Not finding mbuff.h will trash the compile.  It is a realtime file so
>search your realtime directory.  Mine is /usr/src/rtlinux-2.2.  Just copy
>mbuff.h into one of the directories that was reported to be searched by
>make and you should get past that problem.

Yèp the problem, I didn't told you I'm running on 2.0.36 and this one
doesn't seem to be on my system.
If anyone has a 'spare-one' to share. Thanks in advance.

So since I didn't found the above file, I downloaded the bin-release.  But I
wasn't so successful as Ray.
Even after reading and following his instructions I had the following news:

(all emc.* files are from the January release copied into the emc directory)

emc.run 1>txt.log:

Current platform is linux_2_0_36
Current real-time platform is rtlinux_09J
inivar = plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar
INIFILE = emc.ini
Can't find variable EMCMOT in section [EMCMOT] of file emc.ini.
Can't find variable EMCIO in section [EMCIO] of file emc.ini.
Can't find variable TASK in section [TASK] of file emc.ini.
Can't find variable DISPLAY in section [DISPLAY] of file emc.ini.
starting emc...
starting ...can't run  program
The file plat/rtlinux_09J/bin/ does not exist or is not executable.

and 2>txt.log

./emc.run: which:: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar: error in loading shared libraries
librcs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do have the librcs.so file in the ../rcslib/plat/linux_2_0_36/lib
directory.

That's all.

Does anyone has experience with the improvements of 'STG2' in this new
release?

Jan.