EMC following errors

A couple of questions about EMC

I have upgraded my stepper drivers to microstep drivers with 1000
steps/rev
and 5 revolutions per inch for 5000 steps per inch. It's a router so 300
inches/min would not be unreasonable. Running on 200 MHZ pentium,
Steppermod,
XEMC, RH6.0, 2.2.13 kernel

A positive movement works great at that speed and I can go the full
length
of travel on either the X or Y axis. When I try to go back I get a
following
error before the axis even moves (or within a couple steps). What is the
difference
between the two moves? Fixes?

If anyone is running a similar setup, could you email me your ini file?

Are all of the entries in the ini file being used, and if not can they
be removed?
there's stuff in there about specific motors and such that don't seem to
be used
for anything.

Bill