Re: Parallel port

Will,
I hope you're feeling better now!  I think you're right - it wasn't compiled
correctly.  I have the June EMC (RH6.0, RTL2.2) up and running (kind of) and
it seems to be doing a lot that May wasn't.  I think I have a pretty solid
build going now (I hope).

On a separate subject (I copied this to the EMC group, in case anyone has
similar experience)...

I spoke to Fred yesterday about the STG2 board and the fact that I was
getting min/max limit errors when I had the polarities set at 0 and no limit
switches hooked up.  I FINALLY got the Y axis on the Milltronics to run.  I
got it to jog back and forth at different speeds, which was definitely cool,
but the amplifier boards are a pain in the wazoo!  When EMC is not in
"Machine On" mode, the axis tends to "drift."  There is an "axis disable" on
the board, but I couldn't get it to work right with the STG2 Amp enable
output.  I think it has to go to ground instead of a voltage which means that
I'll have to hook them up to a relay.  My question is about the Amplifier
Fault and Limit Switch inputs.  I've got them all tied to ground, but I still
get occasional Amp and Limit errors.  When I do, I can't get them to reset or
Limit override or anything.  I have to go into the .ini file and actually
change the polarity - it's almost like a toggle switch.  I'm tempted to go in
and hard code the values to null and just hook a relay up to limit switches,
which would disable the amp boards and give a following error.  I would kind
of like to know if it is a bug where the variables aren't being reset, or if
I have it hooked up wrong.  If I can figure out the amplifier set-up, I'll be
good to go!  Thanks.

-John