Automatic tool changing ?

Hello list,

does anyone know just how to achieve this with emc ?
What I want to do, is having emc give me a signal on some pin when I select a
tool, either by a T or M command ( I could always parse the NC program with
perl and change everything as needed). 3 pins, maybe on an additional parport
or a servotogo card could provide 8 different states, from 000 to 111, that
would be 7 tools plus 000 for no tool selected. Has anybody done this or what
would have to be changed (by me...)

regards
Max