New 7A, 80VDC 10 microstep drive

Mariss Freimanis  <geckohall-at-home.com> wrote:

> We are a new manufacturer of motion control drives here in
> Southern California. Our first product is a microstep drive, the
> G201. It features:
>
>  1 to 7 Amp phase current
>  24 to 80 VDC supply
>  10 microstep resolution
>  Mid-band stabilization (2nd-order damping)
>  Trimmer for low speed damping
>  200 kHz max step rate (opto-isolated)
>  2.5" by 2.5" by 0.85" size, 3.6 oz weight
>  Disable input free-wheels the motor
>  20 kHz synchronous circuit (silent when stopped or turning slowly)
>  18 Watt dissipation at 7 Amps
>  Black anodized enclosure, hook-up diagram silkscreened on cover.
>  $99 introductory price
>  1 year warranty
>  Made in USA
>
>  If this is of interest, please visit our web-site http://www.geckodrive.com
>
>  Mariss Freimanis
>  Geckodrive Inc.

First of all - it looks nice.

Second - $99 is great, but getting just one at that price is silly for
members of this group.    Very few of us run single axis machines!

I think to members of this group (and the CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO group) you should
offer batches of three (or four)  at  the 3*$99 (or 4*$99) price range (ie
enough for a complete machine).

Or at least let us identify ourselves as members and get a discount price
according to the number of our consolidated orders.

You would want to do this because of the good PR and our huge influence
on the industry :)

Doug Fortune
pentam-at-home.com