Copyright

Hello,

   I see from the home page linuxcnc.org that EMC is a
open source project. But I can't find the copyright of
it.
   It seems to me that EMC is a product of the
govermant, so it is only for american firms? If it is
really so, it can not
   a open source project accroding to the definition.
"Open Source" is already a trademark in USA with a
good definition.

   I'm writing this e-mail because I like the idea of
EMC, but I want to respect the copyright law of USA.
I'm
considering to start a CNC project if EMC is not a
really open source project.

   Best regards

Cheng-Chang Wu