Re: EMC porting

Studio Ferraris wrote:

> 1) I am currently producing two servo boards. I have personally wrote the
> complete machine software under DOS, and now under WNT(RT). My intention is
> to port my own code, or EMC to work under Linux with these boards
> (whichever is easier and quicker).
> Can you estimate the effort required to make EMC work with a different board?
> Anyone interested in participating? I believe that the lowesr level
> register access routine will be quick to port, but I don't know how these
> could fit with the higher levels.

It is supposed to be straightforward, and I hinted at what needs to be
done in the MS-Word file I just posted describing how to customize limit
and home switch handling. Look at:

	ftp://ftp.isd.mel.nist.gov/pub/emc/emcsoft/extintf.doc

The procedure for adding the motion functions (DAC out, encoder in) is
identical as for limit and home switches.

--Fred