Re: new EMC release / rtlinux-2.2 problem

Thanks Will and William,

Ok, I know this is going to sound dumb, but how do you remove a link? I have
been all through the documentation I have but don't seem to be able to find
anything which tells me how to get rid of a symbolic link once it is made.
Perhaps I missed it but the only thing I could find which seemed near was a
reference to an 'unlink' command - unfortunately, when I try this, the
machine tells me that I don't have that command installed!

Re: the INSTALL file, as I read it, the instruction to put a copy of
linux-2.2.14 in a 'linux' directory only applies if you are patching the
kernel yourself and not if, as in my case, you are using the prepatched
kernel. I had assumed that this would automatically put any linux files
where it needed them. Do you think there is perhaps a fault in the way the
prepatched file has been put together and some 'linux' files have actually
been left out? I am tempted to try the 2.2.13 version of the prepatched
kernel and see if it behaves any differently but I'm not sure if dropping
back a level will screw up any of the existing 2.2.14 installation.

I don't know about you but I find sorting things like this out very taxing
and get easily confused by the multiplicity of similar directories, for
example, having directories called 'linux' in three or four different
locations.

Ian

--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

> After you untarred rtlinux-2.2
>
> the INSTALL file says put a copy of linux-2.2.14 in a directory called
linux in
> "this" directory. Which to me would imply  /usr/src/rtlinux-2.2/linux
since the
> directory the INSTALL file is in is now in /usr/src/rtlinux-2.2.
Unfortunately