Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Which version of EMC?

Dan Falck wrote:

> Tim,
> Ok, I set up:
>
> 1.  freqmod.o in emc.ini
> 2. uncommented "period" again and set it to an unrealistically large number
> ie  1.00004
> 3.  started it up and got this:
>
>    emcsh.cc 321 emcStatus buffer not available  (this came up 10 times)
>
> then:
>
> emcsh.cc 3794   can't establish communication with emc
>
> Could my directory structure have any effect on it?  This program is under
> /usr/local/emc15Mar/emc
> since I have about 3 different versions going on this computer.
>
> I also tried increasing cycle time wherever I found it and it didn't help any.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Dan

For what it's worth, I thought I couldn't run TkEmc because my computer
was too slow. It ran, but the mouse was real jerky, and events happened
seconds after I clicked the buttons. XEmc ran great but it's kind of
clumsy to use compared to TkEmc.

Anyway after reading your post, I went and changed my period from
.000016
to .001 and changed to TkEmc. That would crash X completely. Required me
to "startx" again. Changed period to .0001 and everything runs great.

I also get the "emcsh.cc 321 emcStatus buffer not available" message
one time every time at start up

I am running  32 meg ram on a P-166 overclocked to 200Mhz.

Bill