Re: guicom - report

Fred Proctor wrote:

> 2. pulling out the procedures for popping up the calibration and testing
> windows, and making them separate files (emccalib.tcl, emctesting.tcl)
> that are sourced into tkemc.tcl. This will allow others (me, for
> example), to edit these scripts separately from the main TkEmc window
> source.

Great, as the 20-Dec-1999 version only supported position graphs, and
didn't properly process the resulting file so that xgraph could use it.

> One thing that can be done is to build a menu that gives access to any
> .tcl script, so that custom ones can be put in a directory somewhere and
> will appear by name under a menu, say "Scripts". This will allow people
> to code up smaller scripts and drop them into the dropbox, which
> everyone can put in the script directory and then have them appear by
> name in the menu without having to modify tkemc.tcl. I don't know if
> this will be very useful, but the Tcl/Tk code for this is:

Yes, very useful, in the sense that it makes the system extensible.
One reason for this is to put some of my g-code generating routines
into scripts available right through the EMC gui.