Re: Help Please

James Hopkins wrote:

> I get the following error message when starting emcpanel
> :
> trying emcError...shmget(1003(0x3EB),8192,0) failed: (errno = 2): No
> such file or directory
> cms_config: -4(CMS_NO_MASTER_ERROR: An error occured becouse the master
> was not started.) Error occured during SHMEM create.
>
> Does this mean it did not find the function or the function failed?
>
> I have 32 Meg of memory and liloconf set with  append="mem=31m"
> The EMC documentation tells me I must us /dev/rtf0  31,0 but rtlinux can
> not open them if I do that?  The rtlinux Makefile sets them to /dev/rtf0
> 150,0 then all the rtlinux demos run fine.  I have SHMEM_BASE_ADDRESS =
> 0x1F00000 in the emc's ini files.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  How does rtlinux know the share begins at 31m?

It knows from the append="mem=31m" line in the liloconf file.  But, did you
RUN lilo?  You have to explicitly run lilo for it to read the liloconf file
and
put that info into the boot blocks.

Another thing is to look at the modules with lsmod to see if one of the
modules has hung.  If it shows one of the modules in the "initializing"
state, then that module hung for some reason, and did not finish
initializing.  It could be a shared memory address problem, or a problem
accessing the parallel port address specified on the script line that
did the insmod for that module.  When a module hangs, it is generally
easiest to reboot.

Why are you using emcpanel?  It is the oldest user interface, and may
not even work anymore.  Try Xemc for a basic X-windows UI, or
TkEmc for the one we are pretty much moved over to, now.