Re: Revised Tkbackplot

> It may seem a bit soon to release tkbackplot 1.0.1 but Paul Corner sent me
> 3D code and it is awesome!  I'll do a little integration of that code so we
> can set different angles before or between plots and I should have it in
> the drop box by Monday.

YES!!!

> If you've tried the current version and have comments or suggestions let me
> know right away.  I'll work at integrating your thoughts as well.

I haven't tried the backplotter yet, but I looked at the included web page
and I like what you've done. I guess tkemc should do a backplot when the
"Verify" button is pushed if we could inhibit actual control outputs (steps,
DAC voltages, etc.) and if the trajectory planner could supply you with
points to plot as each block is interpreted.

> Once we have a pool of experience with the canvas widget and with plotting,
> I'd like us to create a plotter that will work right from tkemc with your
> own machine characteristics (ini)read into it.  It should be easy for
> stepper machines but with the new mot stuff coming we might be able to pull
> it off for any machine.

Some more tcl/tk resources to look at which you could get ideas from:

Tdcad is the ultimate canvas application. Drawing, .dxf file import, etc. I
had to make a few changes to bring it up to date with tcl8, but they were
pretty minor. I'll try to do a diff and write up the changes, or at least
send you the edited files. Let me know if you need help getting this up, it's
worth a look.

ftp://www.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/sorted/packages-7.6/graphics/tdcad2.0b/tdcad2.0b
tar.gz

SIPP is a 3d rendering package. Kind of complicated...

ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/tclx-distrib/tsipp3.2.0-b1.tar.gz

Matt