Re: 5 axis mill sounds cool

Clint Bach wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If EMC can runn 5 axes I can build a machine to run it on.  But how
> could we draw and program for the darn thing without about a bajillion
> dollars worth of software?  I wouldn't even know where to start...  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clint Bach

Ditto the part on building the machine and no software.
A group of CAD / fractal crunching / bit talking folks are needed here.
Man,!!  the possible variables that could be used above the normal 3 is
duantiinng.
It has hurt  my brain doing a little basic  to work on DXF 2D extraction
to RS 274. What I see this as being useful for in the interim is added
process to the machine program. part shuffle, maybe even pic and place,
but most of this is beyond my experience or needs.
Robert Ash