Re: tkemc problem

Ray Henry wrote:

> At 01:16 AM 1/4/2000 -0500, Jon E. wrote:
>
> >Anyway, I noticed a small problem when using it today.  Apparently,
> >you can only get the commanded position displayed, no matter what
> >setting the commanded/actual buttons are in.  I normally want to
> >see commanded, as the flicker of the actual position is annoying,
> >but when doing diagnostics, it can be real helpful.
>
> I'll look at it and see what I can find.  I'm not real sure that I
> understand the difference between the two in EMC.  How can you get
> noticable differences between actual and commanded?  Does xemc do it the
> way you think it should?

Well, normally, with actual position displayed, the numbers flicker back and
forth a count or so, as the servos bump the encoders forward and back over
the encoder transitions.  (On the X and Y axes, the displayed resolution is
.0001", and the actual encoder resolution is .00005".)

But, to verify the difference, I can apply manual force to the big belt
sprocket
on the leadscrew, and deflect the servo by a few thousandths.  When I did
this, I saw no change in the display, in either setting.