Re: 20-Dec-99 EMC

Paul Corner wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have finally upgraded to the latest EMC (20-Dec-1999) and have
> > been trying a few things.
>
> Hi Jon
>
> I've been trying to access the NIST web site to look for the latest release.
> There appears to be a problem somewhere, I can't get in.
> Is there another site with the latest release available for downloading ?

There are some obsolete links in the web pages, that point to old directories.
The best place to look for the new download files is on their FTP site:
 ftp://ftp.isd.mel.nist.gov/pub/emc/emcsoft/
You have 2 subdirectories, Linux_2_0_36, for the older kernel,
and Linux_2_2_10 for the newer one.  There are more choices in
the 2_0_36 directory.  Yes, there seems to be a problem with the web
pages, my Windows/netscape system goes into an infinite loop connecting
over and over to the isd.cme.nist.gov site, but never getting any files (pages).

It worked about 3 or 4 days ago.  Hmm, maybe they aren't Y2K ready!

The ftp site seems to be working OK, I just checked it.