Re: stepper backslash trouble...

William Scalione wrote:

> Rafael,
>
> I had the same problem, first as Ray said, don't use steppermod with
> the 2.2.X kernel since it trashes the INI file every time it runs. You
> need to use freqmod. When you use freqmod you must uncomment the PERIOD
> setting in the INI file but the default setting was way too fast for my
> computer and would lock it up every time. Ray sent me his INI file and
> I pretty much copied it exactly except for some switch polarities and
> steps per inch settings. That worked well for me, although I still don't
> know why it would run fine in the positive direction and not at all in the
> negative direction. I went back to version RH 5.2 until the steppermod
> problem is worked out, so I cant send you the INI file, but I'm sure Ray
> will send you his INI file if you ask real nice.

The advices from Ray helped me a lot. I increased the .ini variable "MIN_FERROR"
and the error disappeared. I will try freqmod.o anyway

> BTW, I had this problem with backlash set to zero, and it was always on
> a negative move. It did not matter if it had already moved in the positive
> direction first or not. Does it work OK with backlash set to zero?

I have only noted the problem when using backlash compensation. I donīt
understand the behaviour of the program: with or without backlash, the real
position at the end of a move can differ from the commanded one when using
stepper motors (reason for using MIN_FERROR).