EMC on a 386 and a remote TkEMC under Win98?

Can I and how do I:

Run TkEMC, and a backplotter, under Win98?
I suppose the Tcl backplotter would need significant modification.

Use an old 386/486 to run EMCMOT, EMCIO, and EMCTASK?
Will Red Hat Linux 5.2  (kernal) 2.0.36 and RT patch release9J.tgz  bear it?
Will speed be improved with a remote TkEMC?

Can I transfer small executables from the build to a tiny 100MB disk on the
386 or 486?
What linux components can I discard if I just want a motion controller?

Where do I get the Windows TkEmc.exe?
The link at http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/emc/wintkemc.html is broke,
but may be working soon.

I tried Brian Pitt's  ZipSlack Install procedure, which worked after I
figured out the disks linux partition name, but it crashed during the
real-time Linux patch, and Windows Scandisk  'fixed' the problem by deleting
linux file names! That's what I get for trying to avoid rebooting.

Since I'm interested in NC drilling, a well-damped system that doesn't need
coordinated motion, and there is Windows software available, I'm not sure
its worth more trouble unless I can use my scrap 386 and keep my main PC
away from plasma and burning metal. And I can EDM/ECM turbojets for RC
planes. Anyone doing that?

Regards,

Scott Stephens