Re: screenshots?

Dan Falck wrote:

> Here's a simple question that I need some help on:
>
> How do you make a screen shot of the TkEmc GUI in linux?  I want to put one
> on the dropbox.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Dan,  I have never done this, and some of the programs is unknown to me - but
the funny thing was that I
read something about it, just 10 minutes before I got your email.

Screen capture program called xwd,  will dump it in a XWD format.  This can be
converted with pbm ( portable bitmap) toolkit.
The programs has probably a longer name:  I quote the following lines:

xwdtoppnm < file.xwd > file.ppm
ppmtopcx    < file.ppm > file.pcx
rm file.ppm

This is an example of io redirection:     file.xwd is input to xwdtoppm and
the result is output to file.ppm
You may locate these programs (xwd,pbm)  with a little search. There is
probably some for other formats in these packages.

I am sure I have come across some other grab programs, just can't recall it
now.

Hope this could be of some help

//ARNE