Re: screenshots?

Dan Falck wrote:

> Here's a simple question that I need some help on:
>
> How do you make a screen shot of the TkEmc GUI in linux?  I want to put one
> on the dropbox.

There is a utility, sort-of-shareware, that seems to be distributed in the Red
Hat
CDs.  It is called xv, and allows you to grab a window, a portion of, or the
entire
screen, manipulate colors, select portrait or landscape orientation, and then
print or save it in a variety of formats.  My web page's screen shot of the
older
Xemc screen was done this way.  The jpg encoding adds a little fuzziness around

the letters, but it is still readable.

This program is rather complicated, and has a quirk.  If it's own 'splash
scrren'
covers any part of the window you are trying to grab, it gets stuck until you
drag the splash screen off the window.  Then, the grabbed image shows up
on screen, and you can prepare it for hardcopy or format to a file.

You should be able to find it (at least with XFree86) in the graphics utilities

menu, I think that's what the menu entry is called.