bridgeport IO, spindle enable pin

 Folks,
 I'm trying not to ask anything too silly about EMC but I've hit a
bit of a wall.
 Started with the BDI version of MINI.INI, added a second  LPT port
and switched the INI task over to bridgeportIO.

 Coolant, brake, estop are all fine on the new LPT port. Spindle control
is a little flakey. In manual mode, I can select the "spindle" button
and toggle the forward/rev bits through the GUI.  I see the brake bit
toggle about a second before the spindle forward (or rev) toggles,
however the "spindle on" bit doesn't budge.

 In auto mode, if I run a program calling M3 M4 M5, I see it release the
brake at M3 and engage it after M5.  No activity on the spindle fwd/rev/
spindle on pins. The increase/decrease arrows are not grayed out, and
clicking these does move the spindle increase (or decrease) bit for the
duration of the click.

 I can only control the spindle forward / spindle reverse bits in
manual mode. M3 & M4 commands only release the brake, M5 sets the brake.
The GUI will typically display "spindle increase" as the text in the
button.

 Only difference I see in the INI is that the spindle on bit is listed
as
an analog bit (what the heck is an analog bit!).

  What I'm hoping for today is to have a pin toggle when the spindle is
on/off. Two others for fwd and rev, and I can map out relays to turn on
and off the mill in the proper rotation.   No fancy speed control here!

Thanks fellas,
-Damon

Just about a cut & paste from generic.ini:

 ; Platform for IO controller
PLAT =                  nonrealtime

; Name of IO controller program, e.g., bridgeportio
EMCIO =                 bridgeportio
; EMCIO =               minimillio
; EMCIO =               simio
; EMCIO =               ppmcio

; cycle time, in seconds
CYCLE_TIME =    0.100

; tool table file
TOOL_TABLE =    emc.tbl

; address for parallel port used for auxiliary IO
IO_BASE_ADDRESS =    0x278

; wait times in seconds for spindle brake, release
SPINDLE_OFF_WAIT          =     1.0
SPINDLE_ON_WAIT           =     1.5

; external digital inputs, outputs are always 0 for 0V, 1 for 5/24V

; digital in bits

ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX         =     1
LUBE_SENSE_INDEX          =     2

; digital in polarity, 0 is inverted, 1 is normal
; controller compares with polarity, equal means on, not equal means off

ESTOP_SENSE_POLARITY      =     0
LUBE_SENSE_POLARITY       =     1

; digital out bits

SPINDLE_FORWARD_INDEX     =     1
SPINDLE_REVERSE_INDEX     =     0
MIST_COOLANT_INDEX        =     6
FLOOD_COOLANT_INDEX       =     7
SPINDLE_DECREASE_INDEX    =     8
SPINDLE_INCREASE_INDEX    =     9
ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX         =     10
SPINDLE_BRAKE_INDEX       =     11

; analog out bits

SPINDLE_ON_INDEX          =     3
SPINDLE_ENABLE_INDEX    =       3       ;add dfg 07may03

; digital out polarity, 0 is inverted, 1 is normal
; controller writes the polarity to turn on, opposite of polarity to
turn off

SPINDLE_FORWARD_POLARITY  =     0
SPINDLE_REVERSE_POLARITY  =     0
MIST_COOLANT_POLARITY     =     0
FLOOD_COOLANT_POLARITY    =     0
SPINDLE_DECREASE_POLARITY =     1
SPINDLE_INCREASE_POLARITY =     1
ESTOP_WRITE_POLARITY      =     1
SPINDLE_BRAKE_POLARITY    =     0
;SPINDLE_ENABLE_POLARITY   =     1      ;03may03 disbl for auto spindle?
SPINDLE_ENABLE_POLARITY   =     0