Block Diagram updated again...

OK, I've incorporated some info from the former NIST website.

The URL is still
http://home.att.net/~jmkasunich/EMC_Docs/EMC_Home.htm

I have a few specific questions.

1)  I added the limit switches, per Paul they are realtime and
go to EMCMOD, while the rest of the digital I/O is non-realtime.
I show the limit switches going to the servo loops and the
interpolator, as well as up to the trajectory planner.  Can
anyone tell me which of those blocks actually looks at the
limit switches?

2)  I tried to show the interface between EMCTASK and
EMCMOT in more detail than the original drawing.  I drew
a shared memory buffer at the realtime/non-realtime border.
I assumed that EMCMOT talks to the buffer more-or-less
directly.  I also assumed that EMCTASK sends NML
messages, and a thin wrapper layer converts them to/from
the shared memory space.  Is this correct, or does EMCTASK
access the shared memory directly?

3)  My original drawing had some data moving directly from
the GUI to EMCMOT and EMCIO, without passing through
EMCTASK.  The NIST drawing shows everything passing
through EMCTASK (which seems like a better way to do
it).  Which is correct?

Thanks,

John Kasunich