Re: FPGA for PCI based servo control board

alex wrote:

>This morning I just got the same kind of conformation from our Linux guru.
>He said that any network driver should work for RTLinux since this is just a
>patch.

Unfortunately, you and he didn't communicate the key point.  What is
wanted here is for
a REAL_TIME task to use the network card for a private protocol.
 Real-time tasks
run in a completely different environment from Linux tasks, basically
running in
x86 real mode, with no kernel services available.

Yes, standard net drivers will work for standard Linux networking under
the control
of the operating system, but that is a totally different thing.