Re: EMC INI File MIN_FERROR and INPUT_SCALE

Dave Engvall wrote:

>Asim, Jon, list:
>
>Jon makes some good points but I would suggest carrying it a step further.
>Fire up logging and set interval, etc so you can capture the whole trace..
>Do a move and log it; doesn't have to be a long move.
>
>Now write yourself a small program that takes the difference between actual
>and target position and plot that.

You don't have to.  The BDI CD should have an X plotting program, either
XGraph
or some similar program.  It should automatically start that plotting
program when the
script formats the logged data.

>This is much more sensitive to small differences and easy to do.
>One can see differences of less than a thou pretty easily.

Yes, this is the right way to evaluate servo tuning changes.