servo update freq.

list;

In the discussion of the new control board there was a passing comment about the load to emc caused by the servo update frequency.

Anyone care to stick their neck out on a semi-quantative or quantative relationship between axis velocity and the update rate necessary to track.

I get the impression from Jon's posts that even a P200 might stay with three axes at 2K and maybe 10K update rates.

To further complicate this post: is there an easy way to quantitate frequency response for a given servo/machine combination?

I get the feeling most machines are pretty slow....at least if one thinks about it in audio terms.

Thanks.

Dave Engvall