Re: stepper pulse rate idea

Hi Ray,

While I don't have a need for such a thing, I may just happen to have what
you need to do your testing if you are so inclined. Go here

http://www.compumotor.com/manuals/oem/OEM_manuals.htm#OEM650

Download the OEM650 manual and look at page 26 at what they call the "Gear
Shift Input" Here's a quote from the manual.

///// BEGIN QUOTE
Gear Shift Input
The Gear shift input is an optically isolated input that uses and ILQ2
quad OPTO isolator. The GS+ terminal is connected to the anode of
the OPTO lead via a 681? current limiting resistor. The GS- terminal
is connected to the cathode of the OPTO lead. The OPTO requires a
minimum of 3.5 mA (approximately 3.5VDC) to ensure proper system
operation.
This function allows a user with a limited frequency generator to
achieve higher velocities while using high resolution settings. This is
accomplished by the drive multiplying each step pulse that it receives
by a factor of 8. This function may be invoked on-the-fly;
however, to prevent stalling and to keep track of motor position, it
should only be invoked when the motor is not moving.
///// END QUOTE

I have one of these drives here collecting dust if you want to borrow it,
email me your address offline and I'll mail it to you.

Bill