Re: CNC lathe threading?

Hi Ray

Some of the analogue spindle control variables are already read from the ini
file - Just scaling values for Volts per RPM in forward or reverse directions
along with an index parameter. I like the idea of having a [SPINDLE n]
section instead of mixing it up in [EMCIO], this would be a trivial change to
inispin.cc - Should the spindle/brake on/off delay times also be moved here
or left in EMCIO ? What about the brake index too ??
Having multiple spindles raises a few questions over programming speeds and
directions with a single M3 command. This is certainly one for the after
hours debates.

Whilst full servo control over the spindle would be nice on a lathe, I (as
are many) am stuck with forward/reverse contactors. Any "electronic gearing"
strategies would have to slave the motion to the spindle speed. Although a
PWM speed control would be of use to at least one person. (Another one for
NAMES).
Synchronizing motion with a spindle index pulse is going to be a challenge,
particularly at high speeds - I often do thread cutting at 2000 RPM plus...

Regards, Paul.

--

"To err is human...to really f*** things up requires the root password."